Here are some pictures of the Chico's Seccion, where I work. The top photo is where they eat. In the background you can see big blue lockers, this is where all of their (communal) belongings are kept. Below, is a picture of their bunk beds and "living room". The bunk beds are 3-high, which is unfortunate if you sleep below one of our little friends with bladder problems!!!
I have been very busy with both the Chico's and Lifeteen. Like I mentioned earlier, I had my kickoff for the EDGE program last week. It was a GREAT success. It was a carnival theme and we had 5 different games-with prizes- for the kids to play. About 100 middle schoolers showed up, which is AWESOME. Here are some pictures of them playing the games:
Overall, things are going well here. Some days are certainly harder than others, but I am learning a lot. I will actually be returning home in two weeks to pick up some medication. We are having a REALLY hard time getting it to me, so I am just flying home over my next weekend off. No complaints here, I am VERY much looking forward to hugging my family, showering in my own bathroom, and raiding the pantry! Unfortunately I am only home for about 24 hours, so I won't be able to see anyone outside of my family.
Thanks for all the messages, letters, and packages, they keep me going on the tough days! Love you all!
What an amazing thing to be doing- everyone should do this when they're young! Thanks for sending your link. I bet when it's time to come home you won't want to leave. So proud of you!
ReplyDeleteXO- Taunya