Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Days Are Long...


(Written 8-23-2010)
But the year is short, or so I am told.
Hello Friends :)
Today is a wonderful day. The kids are going back to school. WOOHOO!  I may have, dare I say it...free time! I am very excited.Things have literally been non-stop all summer long.  As you can imagine the directors don't want 600+ kids just wandering around for 2 months, so we have had scheduled activities alllll day, every day.  My new schedule is as follows:
6:00 wake up kiddos and get them fed and dressed for school
7:30 Sweep Team (all the staff and volunteers help with the huge chore of sweeping this place)
8:30 Back to Chico's to complete the daily chores, a.k.a. sweeping, mopping, washing clothes, cleaning the bathroom, etc.)
10:30 Serve "Second Breakfast" to the kids, and clean up afterwards of course!
11:30-1:00 FREE TIME!
1:00 Serve and clean up Lunch
2:30-3:30 Help with Homework
3:30 Organized activity
5:00 Exercise of some kind
6:00 Showers
7:00 Dinner
8:00 BED!

It will be nice to have some consistency and structure.  I will still be taking every Wednesday "off" from my seccion to plan/prep for LifeTeen.  I am having the kickoff on Wednesday September 1st and have lots to do before then.  It is a carnival with lots of food and prizes.  I'm sure it will be crazy.
I have so much more to fill you in on, but have to go serve lunch right now. Here are some pictures of my boys. Aren't they cute!? Sending you lots of love!
Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment